AUF 7201 10 Sheen Ultraguard Neutral Conversion Varnish 17L/pail
Sold by the Litre. Order by the gallon(4L) or by the Pail(17L)
AUF7201 Axalta’s Ultraguard™ Neutral CV Topcoat is a premium quality neutral post-catalyzed varnish finish coat formulated to offer superior durability. It is recommended for use over Axalta’s Ultraguard™ Primers and is available in a full range of gloss. This coating must
be tinted to medium or dark tones for best results. This coating technology has the added benefit of being low in formaldehyde.
1. PRODUCTS • AUF7201 – Matte AUF7204 – Soft Gloss
• AUF7202 – Satin AUF7209 - Gloss
2. MIXING RATIO • All products should be stirred well before use and, for best
results, continuously agitated while in use.
• Catalyzation: 10% 399-5003
3. SHELF LIFE @ 77°F (25°C) • 18 months from manufacturing date
4. CLEAN UP • Dispose of dirty solvent and cleaning rags in a safe and
compliant manner. Solvent or lacquer soaked rags should
be stored in water-filled, closed containers prior to disposal.
5. ADDITIVES • In the event of blushing or blistering, add Axalta 390-9303
Lacquer Retarder to extend dry time. See Additional Notes
portion of this document for details.
6. SURFACE PREPARATION • Surface must be clean and dust free with a moisture
content of 6-8% prior to finishing. Remove all dust,
dirt, wax and wood marks. Proper sanding and
preparation of the wood is critical to achieving
• On new wood, finish sand surface with 150-180 grit
• On previously finished wood, remove all old paint or
varnish and follow new wood procedure.
7. COMPANION PRODUCTS • AUF7000 & AUW7000 Ultraguard CV Primers
8. TECH NOTES • Reduction is necessary, use Axalta YYT1009, 390-7001 or 390-7002 or other approved thinner. See
Additional Notes portion of this document for details.
9. SUBSTRATES • Commonly used furniture and cabinetry woods
NOTE: Not to be used on exterior applications
10. APPLICATION • See Application Notes for additional details.
11. FLASH / DRY TIMES
AIR DRY @ 77°F (25°C)
12. FORCE DRY
Flash 15 Minutes
Bake 20 Minutes @ 140°F
Cool Down 15 Minutes ambient
Stack After cool down
13. GUN SET UP
Gravity Feed 1.6 mm - 1.8 mm
Siphon Feed 1.8 mm – 2.0 mm
Airless 10 – 15 thousandths
Air-Assisted Airless 11 – 15 thousandths
Gravity Feed 30-35 psi (2.0-2.4 bar)
Siphon Feed 35-40 psi (2.4-2.8 bar)
Air-Assisted Airless 10-20 psi (0.7-1.4 bar)
See spray gun manufacturer data for more information
14. PHYSICAL DATA
Viscosity 60-65 KU at 25°C (~77°F)
Weight Solids % 62.59% +/- 2
Volume Solids % 54.5% +/- 2
Actual VOC 3.19-3.32 lbs/gal of Prod.
VOC Ratio (lb.voc/lb.solids) 0.6 lb VOC/lb solid
(less water and exempt solvents) 379-397 g/l VOC
Weight Per Gallon 8.5-8.8 lbs/gal +/- 0.2
Flash Point 25°C
Theoretical Coverage 600 ft/gal @ 1 mil dry
VHAP (lb.HAP/lb.solids) 0.383-0.433
Coating Category Neutral
Dry to touch 30 - 35 Minutes
Flash between coats 45 - 50 Minutes
To Stack 12 - 24 Hours